SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL GRANTS
In order to make Jesuit Education accessible to as many academically competent but financially needy individuals, the Ateneo de Zamboanga University offers a number of Scholarship grants and financial aid. At present, 1098 student ( about 29% of the total college population) are enjoying some forms of Scholarships.
The school allocates a budget for scholarship each year. At present, it offers the following:
- Blue Eagle Academic Scholarship – awarded to top notchers in the Admission test for Colleges and Universities (ATCU) given by Ateneo;
- ADZU-BSE Millenium Scholarship for qualified individuals who wants to take up BSE/BEED;
- Academic Scholarship for high school valedictorians and salutatorians;
- Ateneo Band Scholarship for members of the Ateneo Band
- Special Scholarship – awarded to academically out sanding students who need financial assistance.
- President’s Scholarship – awarded to academically outstanding students whose first to third year students whose high school general average is at least 87%.
- Student Assistantship / Financial Grant – For students with great financial need and who can render service to the school
These are grants funded by different government agencies. With the exception of PESFA, these are all processed and awarded by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and respective agencies. They include:
|AFP Provident Trust Fund
|AFP Education Benefit Systems
|CHED – Cong. Dist.
A limited number of grants (funded by generous individuals and philanthropic corporations) are also available. They include the following:
|Fr. Tony Moreno S.J.
|Fr. William H. Kreutz S.J.
|Ramon L. Siy
|Alfonso Yuchengco Foundation
|Bro. Lorenzo De Vela
|Gloria De Ala
|Siu Hua Yu / Pan Kada Dia
|Jose D. Melencio
|Tanging Yaman Foundation
|Col. And Mrs. Buenaventura
|Menzi Trust Fund
|Ellen Francisco Fajardo Foundation
|Wee Bin and Yeo Ah
|Zamboanga Hermosa Club of Southern California
ALL SCHOLARSHIPS/GRANTS DO NOT COVER SUMMER ENROLLMENT. Scholars who wish to apply for summer coverage must do so in writing (addressed to their respective benefactors) and submitted to the Office of Scholarships for processing on or before the midterm examinations week of the second semester of the current school year. No requests for summer coverage will be entertained beyond this time.