The Audio Visual Center is one of the units of the library. It houses and circulates audiovisual materials and equipment for instructional purposes.
- To provide the Ateneo de Zamboanga University academic community with audiovisual resources and services to meet instructional and research needs.
- To conduct orientation session for faculty members on the use and operation of the different types of audiovisual equipment available in the AVC.
- To train users on the effective utilization of audiovisual resources.
- To assist academic departments and offices in the production and/or reproduction of AV materials for classroom use.
- To continuously acquire and assist in the production of instructional materials responsive to the needs of Ateneo de Zamboanga University faculty, administration, staff and students.
- Video Transfer
- Audio Recording/Transfer
3. Projection Services
- AV Room – 3rd floor, LRC Building
- Air-conditioned, houses the basic audiovisual equipment, 80-100 seating capacity
- AV Previewing Room – 3rd floor, LRC Building
- Air-conditioned, with TV and VCR, 5-10 seating capacity
- Exclusively for faculty members
- ASRC SCREENING ROOM – 2nd floor, Room 207-C, LRC Building
- Air-conditioned, with TV and VCR, 30 seating capacity
1. Request for Audio Visual Materials and Equipment
a. Make reservations at least two (2) days in advance.
b. Fill out AV Borrower’s Form in triplicate indicating clearly resources needed.
c. Be sure the audiovisual resources are in good order and condition before checking them out.
d. Use borrowed audiovisual resources properly and return on time.
e. Check resources upon returning.
2. Request for Audiovisual/Screening Rooms
a. Reserve audiovisual and previewing rooms at least two (2) days in advance.
b. Fill out AV Reservation Form properly in triplicate.
c. Have the forms signed by the Adviser, Department/Division Head and AV coordinator for confirmation of request.
d. Present the form to the AV personnel on the scheduled time and date of activity.
3. Request for Audiovisual Production
a. File request two weeks in advance.
b. Provide AVC with necessary materials for production.
c. Get production charges from the AV Coordinator.
d. Pay at the Finance Office.
e. Submit receipt to the AV Personnel.
f. Get finished materials on the specified date and time.
- The use of the audiovisual facilities and resources shall be restricted to the school personnel, faculty members and recognized student associations on official business for education and other related school activities. Instruction-related activities are given priority in the use of the AV Center.
- Smoking and Eating are strictly prohibited inside the AV Center.
- Reservations can be made through the telephone. However, a reservation form must be filled out for confirmation. A reservation is considered CONFIRMED only when it bears the signature of the AV Coordinator of his authorized representative.
- Notice of postponement/cancellation should be forwarded tot he AV Center at least two days before the scheduled activity.
- The use of the AV Room on Sundays is discouraged except on a case-to-case basis.
- No class activity shall be allowed in the AV Room without the presence of the faculty member or adviser.
- The use of the AVR for student meetings, elections, inductions, stage plays/dramas and practices for programs is discouraged.
- The teacher/moderator/adviser are expected to preview films, filmstrips, slides, video tapes and other instructional materials two (2) days before the showing.
- The use of additional facilities/equipment not stated on the approved reservation form is discouraged.
The AV Center reserves the right to cancel or revoke a confirmation in case of misrepresentation and/or violation of any of the rules and regulations.
Complaints regarding the use of the AV facilities and the service of the AV personnel should be addressed in writing to the AV Coordinator.