16 May 2011
MEMO TO: THE ATENEO COMMUNITY
RE: THE NEW UNIVERSITY ID SYSTEM
Campus security, improved traffic flow and more integrated data handling are some of the key reasons why we need to adopt the Radio Frequency ID (RF – ID) System. With the use of the RF – ID System we can be assured of the following advantages for our community:
- Generation of data on the entry and exit of persons and vehicles for easy monitoring and handling of information;
- Interception of bogus or unauthorized IDs;
- Control of unauthorized entry and stay of individuals and/or vehicles on campus;
- Improvement of security; and
- Better integration of database of the members of our community to improve services of the university e.g., library use, finance office.
Please be assured that information stored and derived from the RF – ID system is strictly confidential and only competent authorities have access to this.
Every member of the Ateneo community (administration, faculty, staff and students) should have obtained the new university ID by the end of June 2011 in coordination with the Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) and the Human Resource Administration Development Office (HRADO). This RF-ID System shall also be implemented for selected Grade School parents/guardians/yayas and for all drive-through vehicles. By the beginning of July 2011, the use of the new ID will be strictly enforced.
I thank the CITS led by Engr Eugene S Kanindot for this initiative.
Thank you for your cooperation and compliance.
Antonio F Moreno SJ