The Board and the Faculty realized that the Zamboanga Medical School Foundation curriculum would have to be one that expresses the school’s vision and mission. After months of study and after consultation with colleges of medicine at Harvard University, the University of Illinois and University of New Mexico in the USA and the University of Calgary in Canada, a curriculum evolved, unique and suitable to the Philippine setting.
One unique aspect of the curriculum involves learning strategies structured along the concept of solving clinical problems (problem-based). It further involves the teaching of medicine around functions and competences required to practice medicine in a specific setting (competency-based). As early as first year, students are exposed to patients both in clinics and communities where the focus on the practice of medicine as applied to a group or population is emphasized (community-based). The would-be-graduate is to be a competent professional who can practice medicine at a level of defined proficiency in accord with national health needs.
After a careful evaluation, the ZMSF’s program was approved by the Technical Panel for Medical Education of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in February of 1994. With that, the College of Medicine of the ZMSF was officially established.
ZMSF is committed to provide a medical training which meets the requirements for the medical board examination and licensing to practice as medical doctors in the Philippines.
- Completed at least 4 years Baccalaureate degree.
- A duly accomplished application form downloadable from adzu.edu.ph
- A non-refundable Application fee of P1,000.00.
- 1 certified true copy of the Transcript of records and 2 photocopies.
- For students who are graduating within the admission screening period, a certified true copy of their transcript of record up to the first semester of their last year in college is required to be submitted for evaluation purposes.
- Certificate of Graduation.
- Original copy of the NMAT report with a minimum percentile rating of 40%.
- Birth certificate or proof of citizenship.
- Four (4) copies of 2×2 colored pictures with white background.
- Certificate of good moral character from the university or college graduated.
Qualification for Admission
Applicants who are able to meet the application requirements will then take an entrance examination and sit for an interview. Qualified applicants will be informed, and they may then register for enrollment in the medical school.
Scholarships for tuition are available for deserving students. (Click here to download the Application Form)