As part of A Filipino University, the Mathematics Department aims to:
1. develop in the students the right attitude towards the effective utilization of quantitative procedures and techniques towards the enhancement of our rich cultural heritage; and
2. develop awareness of and concern for our existing natural resources through real word problems related to Mathematics.
As part of a Secondary Preparatory School, the Mathematics Department aims to:
1. equip and prepare the students with the fundamental mathematical concepts and skills needed in High School mathematics;
2. develop the competency of the basic mathematical abilities of the students by sharpening their skills in their own level, their perception, the recognition of the mathematical part of life; and
3. develop in the students an awareness of Mathematics as a dynamic, powerful and worthwhile endeavor which is an essential part of life.
As part of a Catholic University, the Mathematics Department aims to:
1. develop in the students appreciation of the value and importance of Mathematics in ordinary life; and
2. develop in the students the right attitudes towards Mathematics as a tool for applying analytical thinking in everyday living of a Christian life.
As part of a Jesuit University, the Mathematics Department aims to:
1. develop in the students the ability to reason out logically and critically in view of inculcating the Ignatian spirituality and ideas;
2. develop awareness of the value of being “Persons for others” through the sharing of the acquired mathematical concepts, skills, and abilities;
3. develop in the students the ability to think, to question, to seek understanding of the different mathematical concepts and to create more imaginative methods for working or solving problems (idea of magis); and develop the habit of accuracy and precision to achieve excellence in Mathematics.