The Ateneo de Zamboanga University throughout these years has a formation team which is handled by the Assistant to the President for Formation. The Director of the team reports directly to the President.
The team is composed of Heads/ Directors of all the units (Grade School, High School and Colleges) and Offices that handles the formation of the students and faculty and staff.
Over the centuries, the Ignatian Spirituality has given us a particular structure, being and action to the Good News. Such particular charism or gift the first Jesuits received is also given to us to continue the mission. Our aim in the formation is to allow our faculty, staff and students discover their own talents and giftedness: people are gifted to renew, re-interpret and re-vitalize our charism and mission. In our community, we are gifted with the following:
1) Common story to enter – Life of St. Ignatius/ADZU History
2) Language to speak – Ignatian Core Values
3) Group to where we belong – ADZU community
4) Way how to pray – Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
5) Way of proceeding – Examen (Discernment)
6) Mission to undertake – Frontier: Intellectual Apostolate/Peace and Development
7) Face of God to see. – Preferential Option for the Poor/Inter-Religious Dialogue