Employment in the Ateneo de Zamboanga University may be on a contractual, probationary, or permanent basis.
- Contractual Employment entails a definite or fixed period. A contractual employee is hired on:
- Project Basis, for a specific project or undertaking. The contract shall end upon completion of the project.
- Temporary Basis, as a substitute of a permanent employee who is on leave; or casual basis, generally of short duration, for a specific activity not related to the regular business of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University
- Probationary Employment for an academic staff is for a period of three years while that of service staff is for a period not exceeding six months. This precedes possible permanent employment. This presumes availability of a permanent item in the unit’s/office’s plantilla.
The probationary period is a time for on-the-job training as well as acquainting the new employee with the entire job situation. The supervisor informs the employee of the norms and the standards to be met.
The probationary contract clearly states that unless otherwise informed, the employment ceases and the probationary employee’s services ends on a specified date.
The probationary period is designed to give the supervisor the chance to observe and evaluate the employee’s performance. Upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period, the employee may be issued a permanent appointment.
- Permanent Employment is by appointment after satisfactory completion of all probationary requirements. The appointment is a discretionary action of the President upon recommendation of the unit/office head.