The program envisions individuals in the Ateneo Community who are aware of social issues and are capable of making informed choices and decisions necessary in addressing the varied concerns in socio-political structures and processes, human rights, and the environment.
Focus: the cultivation of the desire and capability to make informed choices and decisions on varied social concerns (i.e. choosing to do, not do, give, not give, act, not act)
The Program sets the following to be its persuasions:
- The promotion of respect for human dignity and human rights, specifically of gender and children’s rights
- The promotion of transparency and accountability in socio-political concerns
- The promotion and strengthening of engaged citizenship
- The promotion and strengthening of the spirit of volunteerism for social development
- The promotion and support of efforts aimed at protection and preservation of natural resources
- The cultivation of a Culture of Involvement in Social Action in the University.