The Social Awareness and Community Service Involvement (SACSI) Office transforms; faculty, students, and communities manifesting values of justice, equality and dedicated service, tolerant of cultural diversity and responsive to the challenges of a changing society.
SACSI is committed to form and develop individuals to be responsive citizens through:
- Catalyzing engagements of social awareness, critical analysis and reflection, and active involvement of persons in pressing social issues.
- Engaging in proactive advocacies on human security
- Generating inputs for policies and legislation on the protection, preservation, and enhancement of the environment.
- Transforming the youth into a human capital.
- Organizing and set into motion initiatives on emerging issues and concerns affecting the city, region and Mindanao.
- Serving as a resource center for social formation and development.
- Spearheading the Quick Response Team of ADZU
The acronym “SACSI” comes from the Filipino word “saksi” which means “witness”. This is an apt description of what the office is all about. The office serves as a witness to the social realities of the larger society; that conveys facts from the community to the academe in order to develop a sense of social commitment among students, faculty and staff of the ADZU community for a just, humane and God-inspired society.
SACSI stands for Social Awareness and Community Service Involvement. This is the office within the university that serves as the link between the school and the outside communities to complement theories learned in the classroom with the actual realities of life.
SACSI is guided by the principles of academic excellence, socio-political maturity, and spiritual growth. Its primary concern is the holistic formation of the students, faculty and staff – to be active citizens living out the Ateneo way, as men and women for God, for others.