The Ateneo de Zamboanga University Senior High School, in providing holistic formation that encompasses all aspects of an individual – one’s intellect, affectivity, spirituality, physical fitness, social engagement, intends that its students and graduates possess and carry out the 5Cs of Jesuit Education, namely:
AdZU-SHS students and graduates are persons of CHARACTER.
- They exhibit maturity and personal responsibility exercising Filipino, Catholic, and Jesuit values.
- As servant leaders, they think, speak, and act according to what is right and good.
- They relate with others with respect and kindness.
AdZU-SHS students and graduates are persons of COMPETENCE.
- They are effective critical thinkers and problem solvers who have achieved extensive breadth and depth of knowledge, understanding and skill, which they have acquired in their various academic courses and extra-curricular engagements.
- Animated by the spirit of magis and excellence, they exercise creativity and ingenuity that significantly contribute to the development of society beyond what is required and expected of them.
- They are eloquent and articulate in expressing one’s thoughts and ideas that are grounded exclusively on the truth, seeking to enlighten and inform others.
AdZU-SHS students and graduates are persons of CONSCIENCE.
- They are deeply rooted in and animated by their faith in God that leads them to strive for social justice.
- They are discerning of God’s presence and work in their lives and the world, seeking to find God in all things.
- Recognizing God’s tremendous love for them, they gratefully respond through committing to live in accordance with what is true and good.
AdZU-SHS students and graduates are persons of COMPASSION.
- Being men and women with and for others, they cultivate greater awareness of the plight and condition of those who are suffering, especially the poor and the marginalized in society.
- Exercising cura personalis, they actively take part in providing assistance to those in need, selflessly offering their time, effort and resources without seeking any reward or recognition.
- They act as responsible stewards of God’s creation, taking care of the environment and minimizing waste and pollution.
AdZU-SHS students and graduates are persons of CULTURE.
- They appreciate and celebrate the diversity of beliefs, traditions, and cultures of Filipino communities across the country, especially those in Mindanao.
- Cultivating patriotism and heroism, they cooperate with others to promote peace, understanding, and unity.
- They foster a sense of community and companionship, bringing together people from different walks of life, different faith traditions in harmonious dialogue to pursue common and shared values, goals and aspirations.