In the field of Science, one’s abilities can be developed through one’s sense of awareness, creativeness and inventiveness.
Along this line of thought, the Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School Science club was organized. It proposes to provide more information, opportunities and occasions for students to pursue and widen their interest in science in an informal situation and atmosphere.
Given the proper guidance and direction, members explore the ever dynamic world of science. Young boys and girls’ intense curiosity will be challenged. Their scientific skills will be sharpened through the carefully prepared exposures offered by this club.
This club hopes to turn boys and girls into young Filipino scientists.
The Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School Science Club aims to:
1. develop awareness about latest inventions;
2. arouse greater interest in discovering new ideas/concepts through the different scientific processes;
3. discover for themselves explanations of common science concepts and phenomena;
4. develop self-discipline;
5. create and present simple inventions;
6. share with other students new bits of scientific information;
7. develop teamwork and cooperation; and
8. develop initiative and resourcefulness.
1. To gather and/or to list some of the latest inventions
2. To prepare posters or news briefs on any gathered information
3. To collect from books some interesting experiments/modules that interest them
4. To prepare the needed materials and work on the experiments/modules
5. To work on an individual or group invention
6. To assist other students in other activities (optional)
1) to sponsor Science Quiz
2) to co-sponsor the academic jumble
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
Every Friday … 1:40 – 2:40 p.m.
1. The theme for the month will be published.
2. Participation is open to all students from grade I to VI.
3. Two questions related to the theme will be posted daily.
4. All answers to questions must be written in bold letters on a sheet of pad paper with name, section and signature of the student submitting the entry.
5. All entries must be dropped in Trivia Box.
6. Two correct entries will be drawn daily during the contest duration.
7. All the winners of the month will be awarded prizes at the end of the celebration.
Jennifer T Pingos / Mary Grace S Forniza / Annabelle Gonzales