All purchases of goods and services will be done thru the Purchasing and Custodian Office.
1. The requesting party prepares the online Supplies Requisition Form
2. The requesting party submits the online form.
3. The unit/office head reviews and gives approval as appropriate.
4. Supplies Requisition Form that have been approved by the unit/office head will be reviewed by PCO for the item specs and for availability of funds.
5. PCO canvasses local vendors for best price and quality.
· If requested items are available at PCO Warehouse, supplies can be picked up within the day.
· The unit/office can also canvass and make recommendations. In this case, a copy of the quotation should be given to the PCO.
6. Once the best supplier is chosen, PCO prepares Purchase Order (P.O.)
· IMPORTANT: Only the Purchasing and Custodian Office can prepare the Purchase Order (P.O.). Transactions using P.O.s not prepared by the PCO are considered NOT VALID and the University reserves the right to refuse payment for such accounts.
· The PCO works to procure products and services in the shortest time possible. The time frame between submission of SR/JR and the delivery of the items to the requesting party varies, depending on the item itself, the vendor, the price, and many other factors. However, the PCO also understands that offices need to do emergency purchases and availment of services from time to time and will work with requesting office to hasten the process. The requesting party should inform PCO of emergency requirements.