An error is occurred while printing or printing doesn’t begin on time. Or printing is slow.
- The printer is not connected properly to the CPU parallel or USB port.
- The printer is connected to the CPU but has no power.
- The printer is not configured as the default printer.
- The printer is not found.
- Make sure the printer cable is properly plugged into the parallel or USB port of the CPU.
- Restart the machine
- Make sure the printer power cable is plugged into the power outlet and the printer is turned on.
- Check the settings of the printer in the “Settings, Printer” and make sure that the correct printer driver is installed for the printer model.
- Set it as the default printer.
- Add the printer in the Settings, Printer by clicking Add printer and make sure the printer driver is installed properly.
- Print a test page using the printer properties. Select the printer model in the Settings, Printer and then go to File, Properties, General and click Print Test Page.
The printer is printing garbage or funny characters.
- The printer driver or settings are not properly configured.
- The printer mechanism is dirty and needs cleaning.
- Reinstall printer driver for the printer model.
- Report malfunctioning printer to the center using the online request form.
An error writing to USB001 for the printer (e.g. HP Laserjet 1000): Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
- The printer cable is loose or damaged.
- Remove and then reconnect the connection cable at the back of the CPU.
- Report malfunctioning printer cable to the Center using the online request form.
The printout is blank.
- The ribbon is not in place.
- The ribbon is worn-out.
- The toner cartridge ink is empty.
- Check to make sure the printer ribbon is in place.
- Replace the printer ribbon.
- Replace the toner cartridge.
The toner cartridge is full, but still the printout is blank.
- The toner cartridge is dirty.
- The ink of the toner cartridge is dry.
- Clean the toner cartridge.
- Replace / Refill toner ink cartridge.
- Report malfunctioning toner cartridge to the Center using online request form.