The ATENEO PEACE INSTITUTE has the following as its activities and responsibilities.
• To coordinate, develop, implement and monitor peace education programs in all levels of instruction and formation in the curricular and co-curricular areas;
• To link with and assist other schools, both private and public, in similar or related peace education and formation efforts;
• To offer programs and activities related to developing a culture of peace in various government offices, non-government agencies, church and mosque communities, military and other non-school entities;
• To engage in research activities related to the school’s peace activities beyond the school;
• To develop persons to be peace advocates who will have the expertise to actively assist in conflict management and conflict resolution activities among those who seek such aid; and
• To actively bring the Ateneo into linkages and networks with others like-oriented organizations or groups.