17 July 2014
MEMO TO: UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
RE: GUIDELINES ON USE OF FUNDS FROM PROJECTS OR ACTIVITIES INITIATED BY ACADEMIC UNIT/OFFICE
The Ateneo de Zamboanga University recognizes the initiatives of the different academic units or offices for purposes of development, recruitment, or service to the community. These usually come in many forms, the most common of which are the seminars, workshops, forums, or specialization camps.
In the interest of transparency, accountability and equitability, the following guidelines are set:
- All funds generated from aforementioned activities (i.e., from fees collected for registration, food, materials and accommodation) in the name of the University and using official receipts should be deposited at Finance Office for proper accounting and monitoring.
- The funds collected should be judiciously used for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Excess funds from such activities due to high participation rate or sponsorships, may be used on the following conditions:
- Approval of the unit head (AVP for Higher Education, Assistant for Administration for Central Services, Assistant for Formation for Formation units, Assistant for Social Development for SDUs; Principals for Basic Education) is required.
- It should be used only for the development of the organizing unit/office/department (i.e., facilities or program upgrade, skills enhancement or capability building of personnel).
- It may not be used for personal or to fund out-of-town trips for whatever purpose.
FR KAREL S SAN JUAN SJ