06 August 2014
MEMO TO: UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
RE: GUIDELINES ON UNIVERSITY-SUBSIDIZED ACTIVITIES FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
The Ateneo de Zamboanga University believes that office-based activities such as planning and evaluation or community-building are important to our institutional well-being and has committed to subsidize such. To promote greater consistency of implementation across offices and units, the following guidelines are set:
1. Planning and evaluation/community-building activities are allowed only once-a-year for units and offices.
2. A fixed amount is set for each person with Zamboanga City rate as basis of budget.
- Only funds allotted in the approved budget should be used for out-of-town activities of such nature. When the allocated budget does not adequately cover all expenses, the amount should be shouldered personally by the faculty/staff.
3. The duration for all the aforementioned activities should not be more than three days.
4. The activity should be scheduled at a time that will not disrupt vital University operations or be in conflict with any institutional activities.
- When such activity is held during regular work days, there should be a provision for skeletal staff for the following central services units: Human Resources Development and Administration Office; Physical Plant Office, Finance Office, Registrar’s, Center of Information Technology Services Office, University Security Office.
- Academic units are expected to schedule theirs during non-class days such as semestral or summer breaks.
5. The Finance Office shall require a matrix or program as attachment to any request for funds.
6. A short report or output of the activity should be submitted to the unit heads for documentation. The report should include the following details: venue, dates, participants, short description of how the activity went vis-à-vis purpose.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
FR KAREL S SAN JUAN SJ