DRUM AND GLOCKENSPIEL
Grades 3 – 6
Individuals have their own talents. A specific talent can draw students together. This togetherness is brought about by a particular inclination for a specific interest.
Some students have special interest for music, specifically, an interest in playing a musical instrument together with other students. They are interested in forming a group to play different instruments as a group or a corps.
As an answer to this interest the formation or organization of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School Drum and Glockenspiel is organized.
Through this corps, students will have the opportunities to be trained to play a musical instrument. Through this group, they will have the chance of not only develop their talents but also meet other students. The different activities of this group can further motivate them and can lead them to the wider threshold of the world of music.
The Drum and Glockenspiel aims to:
1. develop one’s talent in music;
2. play a musical instrument;
3. develop self-confidence and social discipline;
4. make more friends; and
5. join social events like parades, exhibitions, and other activities.
A. GUIDELINES FOR THE SELECTION OF DRUM AND GLOCKPENSPIEL MEMBERS
- This organization is open to interested students from Grade III to Grade VI.
- Interested students shall have the basic knowledge on how the specific instrument is played.
- Members are discouraged from joining other club with schedule in conflict with the regular practices schedule of the club.
- Members who exceed 5 unexcused absences will be automatically dropped.
B. GUIDELINES FOR THE SELECTION OF MAJORETTES
1. This organization is open to interested students from Grade III to VI.
2. Interested students who want to join shall undergo the screening, which will be scheduled by the Drum and Glockenspiel Moderator.
3. Old members shall undergo and pass the same screening.
4. Students who passed the said screening are discouraged from joining a club where members are required to attend regular practices that are in conflict with the schedule of this club.
5. Members who exceed five (5) unexcused absences will be automatically dropped.
6. The Screening Committee members will be composed of five (5) members. These members are to serve for a term of one year.
- Selection of new members
- Train the students in the proper playing of drums and other instruments.
- Learn to play new songs using their instruments.
- Practice marching for actual performance.
- Join parades.
- Learn the basic of baton handling.
- Execute the drills.
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
Every Saturday… 9:30 – 11:30 p.m.
Mark Anthony S Mariano / Roniel Y Soriano / Lady Grace Destiny A Tose