24 April 2014
MEMO TO: UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
RE: APPOINTMENT OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COORDINATORS FOR FACULTY, STAFF, AND STUDENTS
The development of leaders is critical in our University life. It is fundamental in pursuing our strategic thrusts of institutional excellence, integrated formation, and engaged citizenship. The leadership formation and development initiatives of our University need to be strengthened through the following:
- Integrating dimensions of University mission, Ignatian spirituality, and social involvement
- Creating structures and programs for current and potential leaders in all units
- Coordinating and systematizing leadership formation and development initiatives of individuals, centers, and offices in the University
- Ensuring succession and continuity of leadership in our units and offices
To facilitate these directions in leadership development, I am appointing the following effective June 1, 2014.
- Liza M Garrido as Coordinator of Faculty and Staff Leadership Development, and
- Aryameir B Ismael as Coordinator of Student Leadership Development
Ms Garrido and Mr Ismael will report to the Office of the President.
I thank both Ms Garrido and Mr Ismael for accepting this responsibility in the service of our University mission and objectives. I ask the University community for support and prayers for this new and valuable undertaking.
FR KAREL S SAN JUAN SJ