ACES Logo Competition Guidelines
The Ateneo Center for Environment and Sustainability (ACES) is currently searching for a logo that will fit most suitably as a brand-name of the center. To this end, ACES announces a Logo Design Competition open to AdZU community. The logo may be used on the ACES letterhead, website, social media sites, business cards, posters, and other collateral promotions on the advocacy of the center. Below are the official requirements and rules of the competition.
The participants are bound by the contest rules below. Participants found violating the rules will automatically be disqualified from the contest. ACES reserves the right to disqualify any applicant at any time who will be found violating the rules.
Eligibility for the Contest:
1. The contest is exclusive to Ateneo de Zamboanga University (AdZU) students. AdZU Faculty, Staff, Alumni, or individuals/groups not connected to the university are disqualified from joining the contest.
3. Contestants are permitted to work in groups; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded regardless of the number of members.
Procedures and Guidelines on How to Participate:
1. The contest will run from February 6 to February 28, 2019. Deadline for submission of entries is on February 27, 2019. Late entries will not be accepted. ACES through a set of judges will select the finalists on February 28, 2019. Three winners will be selected and notified as soon as the contest ends.
2. All entries must be submitted electronically to ACES office through Ms Welma L Omboy, ACES program leader for advocacy and extension via email email@example.com/revamp or portable storage media (USB, memory card, etc). The office is located at Rm 207, 2nd floor LRC building. Entry must bear the full/complete name(s) of the participant(s) who designed the logo, course and year, email address, and contact number(s).
3. Only one entry per participant/group will be accepted. Official entries will be displayed at the College Lobby for an exhibit.
4. There is no registration fee for the contest.
Logo Design Guidelines and Considerations
A. The purpose of this contest is to design a logo to be used by ACES.
B. The logo’s design must reflect the vision and mission of the ACES office:
“As a Filipino, Catholic and Jesuit University, the Ateneo de Zamboanga University will strive to safeguard, sustain, and educate persons on the preservation of the environment through sustainable development.
C. The logo must incorporate the name Ateneo Center for Environment and Sustainability/ACES (abbreviated or spelled out).
D. Each entry must contain a rationale or brief description of not more than 500 words explaining the components and significance of the logo such as colors or symbols used, etc.
E. The logo design must be adaptable for use on both print and electronic media, in full color or black and white.
F. Entries must be submitted as JPEG files. For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS).
G. The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It must be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
H. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
I. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Concept/relevance – 40%; Creativity and Impact – 30%; Practicality – 20%; and Originality – 10%.
J. The winning entry will be selected by a panel of judges identified by the ACES. Their decision will be final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
Ownership and Intellectual Property
1. By joining the contest, participants attest that their entries are their original work, and these have not been copied from others nor from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
2. Submitted entries become the sole property of ACES office and may be used as signage, and may also appear on websites, letterheads, posters, and other ACES-produced collaterals. ACES reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
3. ACES shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning entry in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
4. If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the announcement has been made and the prize has been awarded.
For further details about the contest, see, call, or visit: Ms Welma L Omboy, Program Leader, ACES Office, 2nd Floor, LRC Building Rm207, Salvador Campus. Telephone Number 991- 0871 local 1300.