The Ateneo de Zamboanga University-Senior High School (AdZU-SHS) offers three (3) strands in the Academic Track:
Accountancy, Business, and Management (ABM)
Accountancy, Business, and Management, is a strand under the Academic Track designed for learners who plan to take up business, accountancy, or management programs in college. Its program of study takes into account the global curriculum; thus, its graduates, though schooled locally, are prepared to work and compete in a global environment.
Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS)
Humanities and Social Sciences is a strand designed to introduce and prepare students to the Humanities and Social Sciences courses in college. The study of History, Economics, Philosophy, Sociology, Anthropology, Literature, Psychology, and Political Science serve as the conceptual foundation of the HUMSS strand. Students use social research to analyze problems and propose solutions to the challenges in the social world, driven by the Ignatian spirit.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics is an academic strand with a curriculum designed to educate students in an interdisciplinary and applied approach, with emphasis on performance and research-based learning as the main pedagogical strategy. It envisions to equip its graduates with 21st-century skills imbued with Ignatian values.
These strands specifically aim to:
- Provide the students with the fundamental concepts required for their chosen discipline in Higher Education;
- Immerse and/or expose the students to environments for integration of learned concepts in scientific inquiry, in preparation for the conduct of research;
- Understand and evaluate social realities through the lens of social diversity and in the context of their faith;
- Develop in the students the research and entrepreneurial skills in order to significantly contribute towards the development of the city and the region to meet the changing needs of society for the conscientious utilization of community resources and the demands of globalization;
- Develop the values and attitudes of accuracy, precision, creativity, objectivity, perseverance, and productivity in their individual and shared tasks;
- Provide graduates the required educational background for an equivalence in higher education with other countries;
- Develop among the students the appreciation for the value and importance of the competencies across strands in daily life;
- Enhance students’ critical and logical thinking and decision-making through the Ignatian process of discernment; and
- Form among the students the value of being “men and women with and for others” by engaging in active learning with fellow individuals to promote peace and harmony.